YIN YOGA & CHINESE MEDICINE TEACHER TRAINING 60 HOURS
Marieke Vliegen Yinspiration Trainer & Senior Assistant to Jo Phee
This 60hr Yin Yoga & Chinese Medicine Teacher Training is suitable for practitioners who are interested in becoming a yin yoga teacher, but also for those who want to deepen their personal practice in a small group setting. The theory and practice will deepen your knowledge about the physical and energetic body and how Yin Yoga can contribute to good health.
In yin yoga, postures are hold for longer periods of time to stimulate the energy flow in the body. It’s a practice focused on cultivating stillness and helps us to turn inward while stimulating the connective tissues; fascia and joints, in the body. Especially in our daily world, a lot of our activities are yang in nature and have a ‘go for it’ attitude. Engaging in yin activities helps our body and mind to find the necessary balance between doing and observing – being. We need both aspects in our lives, yin and yang in order to feel healthy. According to Chinese Medicine, there are energy channels running through the body, meridians. In order to feel healthy and happy, the energy needs to flow smoothly. A yin yoga practice can help to stimulate this energy flow so that the physical body may feel at ease, inviting the mind and emotional body to follow. In this 60 hour Yin Yoga and Chinese Medicine Module we will dive into the world of yin yoga and the holistic view of Chinese Medicine.
- Yin yoga theory and practice
- Fundamentals of Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- TCM diagnostics
- The 3 Treasures and 4 Vital Substances
- TCM Visceral system
- Theory of Qi
- Acupuncture Meridian Theory
- Balancing Qi in the Meridians
- Meridian Pathways & Meridian clock
- Hand and foot Meridian points
- Meridians Organ Health
- Meridians and the Emotions
- Meridian Nidra
- Guasha treatment
- Meridian Tracing, Meridian Palpation
- Meridian Tapping, Meridian Massage
- TCM lifestyle and Diet
- The Five Element Theory
- Anatomy of Yoga (Hip)
- Skeletal Variation (Hip)
- Posture Analysis Lab (Hip)
- Sequencing & Teaching Methodology
You will learn the fundamentals of Yin Yoga and Chinese Medicine in 7 days. The training consist of 7,5 contact hours a day with a small part of self-study and is taught by Yinspiration Trainer Marieke Vliegen (E-RYT 200 Yoga Alliance Registered), Senior Assistant of Jo Phee.
Upon completion of the full training and homework assignments, you will receive a certificate which may be registered by Yoga Alliance as continuing education under the School of Yinspiration. The hours can be combined with other trainings from Yinspiration, up to 1000 hours.
The Teacher – Marieke Vliegen
Marieke Vliegen is a yinster from The Netherlands and the first Yinspiration Trainer, sharing Jo Phee’s knowledge internationally. To Marieke, yin is a way to nurture herself. It helps her to slow down, to keep that fine balance between daily, mostly yang, demands and acknowledging & following her own flow in life. In her teachings, her priority is to hold a space for students to unwind into stillness so they may learn more about their body & inner landscape, listen & feel. As a trainer, she is calm and inviting yet keeps things light with a portion of dry humor.
She completed her first Yin Training with Jo Phee in 2014 and had the privilege to assist her teacher ever since, during the annual 200hr Teacher Training in Bali but also around the world in smaller modules. After combining teaching with her job as a social worker for years, Marieke is now a full time teacher and trainer, enjoying freedom to travel and spread the yin love. Besides teaching, she likes to be a student, to deepen her knowledge and keep it up to date. As a Yinspiration Trainer she feeds her curiosity studying with the founder of the school of Yinspiration Jo Phee and with her teacher, Paul Grilley. She is a Yoga Alliance certified E-RYT 200 trainer & YACEP.
Portfolio Marieke Vliegen
- 65-hour Yin Yang Flow, Yoga Nidra & Shoulder Anatomy – Yinspiration Yin Yoga Teacher Training
with Jo Phee, 2019
• 65-hour Acupressure, Acuyin & Hip anatomy (II) – Yinspiration Yin Yoga Teacher Training with
Jo Phee, 2019
- 65-hour Myofascial Release, Myoyin & Spine Anatomy – Yinspiration Yin Yoga Teacher Training with
Jo Phee, 2019
- 50-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training, Unit 1, Bones, Muscles, Poses, Paul Grilley, 2019
- 65-hour Chinese Medicine, Meridian Yin and Hip Anatomy (I) – Yinspiration Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Jo Phee, 2018
- 100-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training from The Yoga People with Jamie Clarke & Dulce Aguilar, 2014
- 200-hour Yin Yoga – Yoga Alliance Accredited Teacher Training with Jo Phee and Joe Barnett, 2014
- 200-hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Training from All Yoga Thailand with Annie Au & Vari Morales, 2013
*Hours assisting are not included and add up over 1000 hours.
- Yin Yoga and Chinese medicine Teacher Training 60 hours
- Acknowledge by Yoga Alliance
- Trainer Marieke Vliegen Yinspiration, Senior Assistant to Jo Phee
- Exclusive small groups
- Personal development
- Discount voucher of Lively Collection Yoga wear and Yoga accessorizes.
- Meridian doll included
- Unlimited water/ tea and a small afternoon snack
- No previous experience required
60 hours Yinspiration Chinese Medicine Teacher Training
- Monday 29th of June 2020, 9 am- 5.30 pm
- Tuesday 30th of June 2020, 9 am- 5.30 pm
- Wednesday 1ste of July 2020, 9 am- 5.30 pm
- Thursday 2th of July 2020, 9 am-5.30 pm
- Friday 3th of July 2020, 9 am- 5.30 pm
- Saturday 4th of July 2020, 9 am- 5.30 pm
- Sunday 5th of July 2020, 9 am- 5.30 pm
*1 hour lunchbreak and small breaks are calculated in this time schedule. End time may vary slightly depending on the program and homework.
Early Bird rate
Registration before 31ste of March 2020
€ 805,79 excl. / € 975,00 incl.*
Registration after 31ste of March 2020
€ 971,07 excl./ € 1.175,00 incl.*
* VAT rate 21 %
First period: € 500,00 inxcl. To secure your spot.
Second period: 6 weeks before the training starts, remaining amount.
Registration/ more information about the training
If you want to register for this training or if you have specific questions, please send your inquiry and/or registration to Kelly Hamers. , email@example.com
After we received your email, we will send the registration form, our Therms and Conditions and the deposit invoice to you. Only after receiving the completed registration form and receiving the first payment, your place will be reserved.
Louis Loyensstraat 5
6221 AK Maastricht
043-311 85 08 firstname.lastname@example.org
10 minutes walking distance from Maastricht Central Station.
INSTAGRAM / FACEBOOK: LIVELYYOGA
INSTAGRAM / FACEBOOK: MARIEKEYINYOGA